Monday, January 30, 2012

Design Wall Monday January 30, 2012

Here is the latest--an on-going project.  Using Gyleen Fitzgerald's method and ruler, I am making Pineapple blocks to use for a class sample and then the quilt will be donated to a Wounded Warrior.  I changed the pattern--combining the last 2 pieces on each corner makes for a  large red square where 4 blocks join.  Much easier than a very tiny little square.
Be sure to go to Patchwork Times by Judy L to see what lots of other folk are workng on.

I'm getting busier at work so will have less time to quilt but I've got 2 more in the planning stage--that counts!  Let's Quilt!

Barbara

12 comments:

  1. Oh my! That is beautiful! I have a Pineapple quilt on my Bucket List! Beautiful!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely pineapple quilt. I have always wanted to make one. What a wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Barbara, this is really beautiful! I've got one of these on my quilting bucket list, too. Are you teaching this at P&S?! I may have to invest! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect to put this on the summer schedule, just a one session class to learn the tips for piecing this fun block!

      Delete
  4. Beautiful! I use the Quilt in a Day method and plan on making one for myself this year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun! I took a class from her and bought the ruler but haven't made a quilt yet. I am inspired by your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh its beautiful! A wounded warrior will be honored to recieve this!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved making this quilt. I gave mine away, too, but to a friend for her birthday.

    ReplyDelete