Friday, December 21, 2012

December Doll Quilt Swap

Denise and I swapped doll quilts at our annual guild Christmas party last night. Because we are friends and see each other at least each month at guild meeting, this was a great way to swap without going to the post office and to see the other's reaction to our quilts.

Here is the great Shoo Fly quilt Denise made for me:
Isn't it terrific? She used beautiful metallic thread for the quilting and all the fabrics are super. It's 16" square, with 6" shoo fly blocks. Thank you, Denise, for a great Christmas quilt I will use and enjoy for years to come!

As she had posted a few "hints" on her blog earlier, I had a suspicion about her quilt design for me. So I made her a little shoo fly, as an extra Christmas gift. The white and red fabrics were leftovers from my Just Takes 2 Red and White quilt I just finished:



Mine is 8.5" square, with 3" shoo fly blocks--I love shoo fly blocks, so cute and perky!

The quilt it is sitting on is the 12 Days of Christmas quilt I made for Denise as her December swap quilt. There are 12 blocks, each has the number of pieces in the 12 days--1, 2, 3, etc., all the way to the 12th day which has 12 pieces. The pattern came from Temecula Quilt Co, December 2011 posts. 

I've a made a couple other little quilts this week but can't show them until tomorrow...

Let's quilt!

Barbara



4 comments:

  1. Darling doll quilts, Barbara! So fun to make and receive.

    Your blog is delightful blog, I will visit you again, soon!

    Carolyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I told you I've already got my Twelve Days hanging, right? I don't think I'll put it away with Christmas things, either -- this will be a year round quilt for me!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it. I keep my 12 days quilt out too.

      Delete