Monday, December 10, 2012

Just Takes 2 is Done--Almost!

With all the patterns and the final construction instructions in hand, I got the Just Takes 2 red and white quilt top assembled.  There were several places to join with partial seams as there are no complete rows in the whole top so it took a little while to join it all together:
 
Now I am working on a pieced border to finish it off.  There are 2362 pieces and 59 different fabrics in the top.   It will be quilted by a longarm wonder woman.  I'm thinking of using red for the back--what do you think?
 
The only other thing I got done this week is the next block in  the Grandmother's Choice block of the week, which honors and educates us about the women's suffragist movement of a century ago.
Check out Judy L's blog to see what other's have been working on. 
 
Have a great week and Let's Quilt!
 
Barbara
 



11 comments:

  1. Your Just Takes Two is simply wonderful! I would be afraid to use red on the back for fear of that dreaded bleeding fabric issue ruining all your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Take Two in the red/white - this is gorgeous! I would stay with the red back, but wash that backing first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is a beautiful quilt. i lovethe red and white micki

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is a beautiful quilt. i lovethe red and white micki

    ReplyDelete
  5. The red and white quilt is lovely! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I like both projects - the lavenders are great. I really like two color quilts. Red makes a great backing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Barbara -- It Takes Two looks fabulous! I can't wait to see it in person!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with Patricia. I have a great red/white quilt that had a bleeding issue - after being washed before! However, since you have a "little" red in the quilt, it might be a good choice for the back!!! How about a black and white print for the back? Might be a good contrast. I am impressed by your piecing skills. I am just not that good. Guess I better do something like this in order to get better!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your red and white quilt is stunning!Congratulations, and thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete