Monday, November 10, 2014

Design Wall Monday November 10, 2014

Back at it, working on a class sample.  This is my "go-to" quilt for all our nieces and nephews college graduations and is the 6th one of these I've made.  It's easy to select fabrics for the specific graduate, I can usually get the top together over one weekend, edge to edge longarm quilting is fast and easy, and it's a good size for a sofa throw or bed topper, not really designed as a big bed quilt.  This will be about 72" square with borders:

Southern Star by Calico Carriage Designs
 
I'll finish this today.  I don't need it as a gift until June 2015 but I'm teaching it in January and gave my last completed one to a nephew a few months ago--so this is the class sample first.

My other ongoing project is this adorable baby quilt, Little Letters, by Temecula Quilt Co.

 
Two letters are provided each week and I'm thinking of making an extra row to add the baby's initials and date of birth.  Time will tell if I stick with that idea.

Check out Patchwork Times to see what others are doing.

Happy 239th birthday to the United States Marine Corps--Semper Fi!

Let's quilt!

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. I use a sixteen patch block for my high school grad quilts! It is great to have a pattern that you can make up easily for a quick quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Southern Star is a nice choice of pattern to individualize. Looks very complex too.
    Your alphabet quilt is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The alphabet is looking good! Happy birthday Marine Corps! :)

    ReplyDelete