Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Post-Houston Busy-Ness and Semper Fi!

First, today is the 240th Birthday of the United States Marine Corps.  I am a proud USMC veteran and send out a loud Semper Fi! to all my fellow Marines, past and present.  Those were the best four years of my life.  Not that the other years haven't been great but there is nothing better than serving my country in uniform.

Being gone for 2 weeks to Houston means life is very busy when I return.  Bills, mail, newspapers, laundry, and lots of class samples to prepare.  Here are my Winter 2016 classes at Patches & Stitches, my local quilt shop:





Leaders/Enders--make Free Quilts!  I'll teach at least 5 easy units that become great quilts as you are making other projects.  Save time, thread, and use those scraps!



The Feathered Star block--a process class, not paper-pieced, using Marsha McCloskey's book.  A beautiful center for a wonderful quilt.




Color College:  Winter Semester Opposites Attract--using the terrific book on Color by Becky Goldsmith:  The Quilter's Practical Guide to Color. I've written about it here and here.  This is the second of four classes using this book.  My design varies a bit from Becky's--come to class to find out why...



Kisses and Hugs, the Japanese X and + quilt.  This is a great project with scraps.  I've taught it several times and everyone does very well with those tricky intersections. 

I also have 3 sessions of Quiltmaking 101 from January through April. I really love teaching beginners, and trying to get them enthused about the Quiltmaking process.  My goal is to addict one of them, each class, totally and completely to Quilting--that is how my passion and the industry can continue to grow.  And I'm always successful at that goal.

Next week I have the pleasure of going to a private retreat for a small group of quilt teachers.  I have lots of projects to take, several things I want to learn on the business side of the industry and plan to relax a bit too.  Did I mention it's at a beach?  Too cold to swim in the Atlantic Ocean this time of year so the indoor pool will have to do.  More on all that when I get back.

While I was in Houston, my grand-girl, Stella LeAnne Wilkins was baptized in Huntsville.  Here are a few photos from the event.  Can't wait to see her here at Christmas!


Stella with her Mama.  


My happy husband with his grand-girl!

Let's Quilt!

Barbara 

2 comments:

  1. Looks like you hit the ground running! .......or sewing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky quilters who get to take classes from you. Many wonderful options there!
    What a sweet little baby girl! : )

    ReplyDelete