Sunday, December 11, 2016

My Christmas Gift

That I bought for myself--Blog2Print printed and bound annual editions of all my blog posts:

 

Several months ago I read someone else's blog about this company and thought it would be fun to do. The price depends on the number of pages and whether you want a soft bound cover or hard bound cover.  I went with soft bound, selected a different color cover for each year and had them printed as "annuals".   I did learn the hard way to edit the front and back cover photos the first time that option appeared--Blog2Print automatically uses the first photo in the first post in the book for the front cover and the second photo for the back cover.  That was fine for the first year, my studio shots, but for the other 3 years I wanted specific photos, like Red and White--By the Numbers for 2014.  Going back to edit the photos later was much more difficult for me so I now know to edit them first.

My first blog post was December 31, 2011 so I made that the first one in the 2012 edition:



It wasn't too hard to figure out how to select the posts I wanted in each book--I simply went from the first to last day of each year.  The price was reasonable to me  BUT there was a 35% off coupon sent to me when I first created an account, as I was figuring out how the site works.  So, I recommend you take a look, create an account, and wait a few days.  That 35% off coupon ended 11/28/16 but there might be another one sent directly to you by email.  You can select just certain posts, like your recipe posts, or a big family vacation post--soft cover 20 pages is currently $19.95, not bad for your very own "book".  Blog2Print

I enjoyed looking through each edition and reliving some of my moments.  My favorite post is still Red and White--the Wrap Up, November 4, 2014, which I wrote to help me remember the International Quilt Festival 40th Anniversary Ruby Jubilee:



I have no affiliation, just a satisfied customer.  In January I'll have the 2016 edition prepared so I'll be up-to-date with each year.

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. I have done this, but it is pretty expensive for me. Maybe softcover is the way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did this for my Mom and she was thrilled to have me in print. It is fun to look through the years without having to scroll! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete