Saturday, November 11, 2017

Baby Quilts--Select Your Own

Over the years I've made a lot of smaller quilts, usually as class samples. Some of these are a good size for baby quilts. We are at the stage of life when our kids, nieces, nephews, and their friends are having babies. I've decided to let the prospective parents select their own baby quilt--from these that are done and ready.

This idea sure would have come in handy a few years ago when my husband came home from work to tell me he told a co-worker I would be happy to make baby quilt(s)--for her soon-to-be born twins! He did that frequently. Now I figure I am ahead of the curve.

And if they don't like these, they can put in a color request and I'll make something new.

In no particular order:

1. Opposites Attract  36" x 39"  UPDATE: Kallie and Corey have selected this for their wee one, due Ap


2. Black and White, It's a Challenge  34" x 34"


3. Hearts and Nine Patches 29" x 33"—UPDATE: this was sold to a friend


4. Strings A-Plenty 45" x 45"  This one is chosen--for Baby Edwards/Wasserman, due December 3, 2017.  UPDATE--Perrin Wasserman was born December 1, 2017.

5. Italian Shoo Fly #2 32" x 40"
6. Italian Shoo Fly #1  31" x 40"

7. Soft and Simple 26" x 31"

 8.  Trip Around the World  41" x 41"

9. Purple Boxes  39" x 47"

10. Bali Star  36" x 36"  UPDATE: this was sold to a friend

 11. Scrappy Trip 46" x 46"  UPDATE: this was sold to a friend

12. 3 Cheers for the Red, White and Blue  44" x 44" UPDATE: sold to a friend

While none of these are Heirloom quality, each will keep a little person warm or be good for floor use. Most are machine quilted, some in a rudimentary fashion as I improved. These are made to be used and used up, then tossed out. They can be machine washed and dried. Each will get a personalized label for the new, wee little one.

Jessica, you are up first. Do you see something you like?

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. Well, if Jessica doesn't speak up, I'll tell you which one I want! LOL
    Lucky babies born into your family, Barbara. I never have baby quilts made and on hand. It is usually a last minute thing. It was fun to browse your selection. I can imagine for the recipients it is even more so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a darling dozen! You are so generous.

    ReplyDelete