I am excited to share these with you:
1. Janet N--wow, wow, wow. I love this Blue and White version and have told her she simply must get it finished by December 2018 so she can enter it in the Sapphire Celebration of International Quilt Festival 2019, the 45th anniversary of Quilt Festival. She used Seminole Piecing for two of the borders:
2. JoAnne M--still a bit more to go, the Delectable Mountain borders are just pinned in place:
3. Brenda M---sister to JoAnne, there might be some sibling rivalry going on here:
4. Terri T--look at that focus fabric, she cut so carefully:
5. Pam E--despite breaking her wrist and hand in February, Pam got caught back up and we all said "oooohhhh" when hers went up:
6. Sheila C--how dramatic! We haven't seen this in a while and it got a great response--she added wider borders, enough that her Delectable Mountains borders will gain 12" more length:
Sheila is also doing the Delectable Mountains without seams in the large triangles--read how to do that here.:
7. Susan C--she has been out of the country and worked a week with me in Houston so she isn't as far along but she'll get there. We love how bright and happy this one is:
We had 3 more members of the group who couldn't make it today and 3 more who were here but didn't bring their quilts as life has intervened a bit and they aren't as far along as they had hoped to be. It's not a race, everyone will get done eventually.
Aren't these just great?! We are also excited about the 2018 BOM and talked a bit about that one. I'll be making an alternate center block and pieced outer borders for those who don't want to do applique'.