Monday, February 5, 2018

Bits and Pieces

Now that I am feeling oh, so much better, I am back at it, making blocks, teaching 6 classes I had to postpone, answering email, booking trips,, all the usual stuff.

Here are a few things I'm working on. The Temperature Quilt, showing the first 5 weeks of 2018. More info about that here.:


More Little Monkey blocks, a section to be added to the section that is currently on display at Barb's Sewing Center:


A small applique' top, used as a sample with the Sunday Sew and Sews who are working on the Patchwork Barn 2018 Block of the Month. Applique' appears in month 9, practicing a bit now will make you comfortable when you get to that step. Some of this is machine, some is hand:


My first 6 blocks of the Patchwork Barn quilt--there are actually 3 of each of these blocks, for a total of 18 so far:



Temecula Quilt Company has a new, simple little sampler, with 4" blocks. I couldn't help myself and to keep it easy I'm using the same fabrics as the Patchwork Barn quilt. Find out more 1880 Sampler Sew A Long:



The design wall is bright and cheerful--time to get the last section of Long Time Gone done. And I am making good progress on my Lifetime quilt--it will be finished this year. More info on that here.


Let's Quilt!

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. Wow--you must be feeling better! So much accomplished here. Watching you do Long Time Gone has made me have to work hard to resist getting that pattern. Love it. Looks like a bunch of mini quilts all sewn together. :)
    Oh, no--what does it mean when you finish your lifetime quilt so soon? Life over? I sure hope not!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw that Temecula block and my first thought was "1 inch pieces...don't think so". I immediately sketched it with sizes making it 12". That's more like it but probably as far as it ever gets (the sketch, that is)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you are feeling better and back to your machine!

    ReplyDelete