Saturday, May 12, 2018

My Barn Quilt Block

Happy Mother's Day to ME!!!




My husband is a very handy man. Some time ago he saw Alabama Barn quilts on my Facebook feed and decided he would make me one. A few weeks ago he started a "secret project" and this is what he installed today.

The block is a Pinwheel and there are four of them. He looked at my computer while I was designing My Favorite Things a few weeks ago and saw this design, one that would be fairly easy to lay out and paint. He selected the colors, red and white--what a perfect choice! He decided where it would hang. This is what we call "the Doghouse" though we don't have a dog--it's his man cave/workshop. It is also right at the end of our driveway so everyone who drives up will be greeted by this wonderful and unexpected work of art.

The only advice my mother gave me about marriage was: "Marry a handy man". So I did.  Thank you, darling, I love it--and YOU! It will make me smile every time I come home.

Let's quilt!

Barbara

9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous surprise gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweetheart! Congratulations! On the barn quilt and the handyman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift. He's a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful and thoughtful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your husband is very thoughtful in addition to being handy. He created a beautiful barn quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What wonderful gift! He did a great job. I just made one in blue for myself; must be something in the air.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! Beautiful work done. I saw that Alabama Barn Quilts in the newspaper and on Facebook also. There are some of those same barns located near my town here in Alabama.

    ReplyDelete