Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Design Wall Wednesday

The wall still looks skimpy to me but I did make and quilt two small quilts yesterday--prep for an upcoming job. 

I do love  having my ammo box step-stool at the ready--the wall is 8.5 feet tall and I can't reach the top edge without a big step stool--the ammo box came from my Marine Corps days:


 Made and quilted in two days, ready now for binding to be prepared---these will be demo pieces:



6" Swamp Angel blocks--ready for binding demo

3" Old Italian or X Blocks--ready for binding demo. The blocks were made quickly from Charm Squares.
A few days last week I worked on my 6 month class: My Favorite Things, getting prepared for Session 3 in a couple weeks. My husbands' comment: "That's colorful"--about as excited as he gets:



Sunday, when the highs were in the upper 80's, not the 90's, we spent 3 hours walking around the Huntsville Botanical Garden. I had not been there in about 10 years--it has grown a lot and is a truly beautiful place. It was begun less than 30 years ago by those with a vision and people willing to donate a lot of money to make it happen. I will enjoy returning when the weather is cooler--something is going on there year-round. Huntsville Botanical Garden  I took lots of photos, here are just a few:

The Butterfly House

Beautiful potted arrangement

Lots for kids to do and play on--in the Children's Garden

Part of the Dinosaur Garden

One of the Water Gardens
The rest of this week will be spent finishing the machine quilting on Spellbound--the class has been set for October 5, 2018, 10-4 at Huntsville Sew & Vac--the sample now has to get done:

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. I printed your instructions for the X-blocks when you posted them a while back. Really like that design. Still haven't stitched one, but I really want to.
    The garden looks like a great place to spend a few cool (well, not extremely hot) hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your design wall is full of goodies. Thanks for the photos of the garden - so enjoyed them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love our Botanical Gardens! We get memberships every year -- and gift a family membership to the kids. There truly is something for every season!! :)

    ReplyDelete