Friday, August 28, 2026

GAME ON! MONTH 9

Game On! is the 2026 Block of the Month quilt designed by Becky Goldsmith exclusively for THE QUILT SHOW: find Game On! information here. Join as a Star Member to get all the patterns and all the videos FREE. Membership is just $49/year and provides access to almost 20 years of shows and tremendous additional content. Join HERE

This month we make the TOP LARGER BORDER:


There are NO PAPERS TO PRINT.  So if you're not a fan of paper piecing this month is for you.

As always, watch the VIDEOS and read the PATTERN. Becky has great photos of how to make the blocks and how to press so the seams nest. 

Becky encourages everyone to make the quilt your own. Feel free to use other PRINT Kit fabrics if you like. For the SOLID Kit I followed the pattern:


I carefully trim my blocks, always measuring from the center out. Half of 6.5" is 3.25" so that is where I start. The 3.25" mark is placed at the intersections of the center square:



As I join these 6" blocks into pairs, I check that each pair measures 12.5", Then those are joined I check again. If my seam allowance is off a little I want to find it as soon as it happens, not after the long border is not the size it needs to be. The little time this takes saves me lots of time if my border is too long. And I KNOW, if I don't check, it WILL be too long. 

You will also be adding the CORNER BLOCKS made in months 4-7 to this long border. Feel free to put whichever 2 Corner Blocks you want on this top border. The other 2 will be added to the bottom border we make in Month 11. There are sashing strips to add to each corner block before adding those blocks to the border. Follow the directions!



Next month we make the RIGHT LARGER BORDER and we will use printed papers for that.

We love to see your progress so please post photos on the FORUM!

Let's quilt. 

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment