Monday, March 12, 2012

Design Wall Monday March 12, 2012

Relief!  Peacock Love is done! 

The border print adds a great touch.  I added 2" black solid strips to both sides of the border print before attaching it to the quilt.  I had hoped to do perfect miters but the border print is not symmetrical so each corner is different.  The lines all match as close to perfectly as I could get them so the flowers not being perfect seem less noticeable:
If you are working with symmetrical border prints, like Jinny Beyer designs, you will find tremendous help at her website: jinnybeyer.com  Her tips and lessons are great:  Tips and Lessons

Now I can get back to those red and white blocks from JustTakes2.  The 15" feathered star is next, then a couple simple paper-pieced flying geese strips.  Hope to get these done before March 15, when the next unit comes up.  Then we'll get instructions for joining all these blocks into the first quarter of the quilt. 

I've been very busy at work and to complicate matters, I was rear-ended on our main highway 2 weeks ago so this week my car goes into the shop for repair.  The other guy's insurance will pay for the rental car and all repair costs but it's just the time to do all this that is annoying.  Fortunately, I was completely stopped and had left lots of room with the car in front of me so it was only one wreck, not two.  He was very apologetic and claimed full responsibility.  I was stopped, he was looking in his rear-view mirror and just plowed into me.  No one was hurt but I was shaken up for a few minutes, until we could get our cars out of the main traffic lanes.  A police officer was on the scene for another issue, so that helped.  Be careful, people, watch out for each other.  None of us has time for a car wreck, so slow down!

My beloved husband took the netting off our large pond yesterday and now the goldfish are coming to life and ready for food again.  There's some leaf debris I need to get out and the water needs treatment but the wedding is less than 3 weeks away, it's the height of tax season for me, and I really just want to sew!  With guests coming for the wedding I must work on the pond some but not today.  Maybe tomorrow...

Check out what people with more time than me are up to at Patchwork Times

Let's quilt!

Barbara

10 comments:

  1. That border print is amazing! My MOM swears by Jinny fabrics for miter borders. Oh, a car accident at this time (or any) is so not good. Remember to take time to breath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that fabric line, the colors are just so rich. Good job on the finish and the mitres.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous quilt and the border print is such a great finish. Wow, you do sound incredibly busy--hope you are able to squeeze in as much sewing as you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barbara, it's just lovely! What a wonderful treasure and gift it will be for the newlyweds-to-be! I'm sure you're anxious to get it to them, too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous and that is a fab border fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow what a perfect fabric for the border. I just LOVE those colors. Stunning quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your border fabric is perfectly gorgeous and really compliments the quilt. Good idea to add the black to showcase the border.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful and gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete