NOTE: This will post August 30, so it is available when the September 1 patterns are posted.
We arrive at September, already, and there are two new applique blocks. Maybe you are working on those Double 9 Patches too.
These two applique blocks each have circles. I am loving using Applipops to make circles! Here is a fun project I've just started that uses circles, lots and lots of circles:
I wrote about Applipops HERE--in Month 7. The Shoppe here on The Quilt Show sells them or you can order directly from the company.
I find I can make two circles in just a couple minutes. Using my stiletto to get the circle off the bottom of my iron is helpful--the starch can really stick to the soleplate of the iron. I have used Magic Sizing and a 50/50 Sta Flo Starch/Water combination with equally good results. The white flakes visible on the purple are dried starch--that will all wash away when the quilt is complete:
The Month 9 blocks include a one-piece design, like Hawaiian applique--Block 27. I wrote detailed instructions for that type of block in Month 1--Part 2. It includes 5 circles. Here is the one from the sample quilt I made with the Sunday Sew and Sews:
Block 28 is similar to Blocks 13 and 25 from Months 4 and 8. My sample:
Show and Tell Your Blocks on the Forum The Forum for Afternoon Delight has been kind of quiet lately. There are several beautiful photos posted of blocks that are starting to look really amazing all together. Please take a look and post your own photos at this link.
TIPS FOR USING THE FORUM:
I check the Forum several times a day and always get email notification when posts are made.
To do this quickly, here are my tips:
1. Go to the Forum--be sure you are signed in
2. Select Recent Topics--this will show you the Topics that are most active
3. One of those currently is How to Post on the Forum--where I answer questions on how to add photos and other things related to the Forum. The first post on that Topic has a link to this 6 minute video on how to attach photos--it should really help you see how that is done:
4. When you want to post on a Topic that already exists, like Afternoon Delight--Show and Tell Your Blocks, use Reply Topic in that Topic---it's near the top of the each page. You will be posting in the place where everyone will see it. If you "create a new topic", people have to go there instead of staying on the Topic set up for these photos.
5. If you don't want to get an email notification each time someone posts on a Topic you have posted on, Unsubscribe--it is also up on top of each page. And you can Unclick the box when you write a post on a Topic--to decline getting emails each time someone posts. On an active board, there can be many posts each day--which means many emails.
I hope that helps. Like anything else online, once you know how to use it, it's not hard.