Monday, March 26, 2012

Design Wall Monday March 26, 2012

It's Wedding Week and life is hectic!  We worked in the yard most of Sunday and things are looking good there.   Spring has sprung early this year, as it has for most of you, so the place should look nice later this week as a few friends come to visit.  Here is the pond:

Yesterday I saw the first water lily bud so hopefully, there will be a bloom in a few days.

I've signed up for a doll quilt monthly swap, starting in April, and here is what I think I'll do for the first one:

I have a large bag full of these 2" finished size half-square triangles so this is a fun way to use them. 

And I'm almost done all the Just Takes 2 red/white blocks for the first quarter.  The last block is supposed to be hand-pieced but I'm doing it by the hybrid method:  machine piece the straight lines, hand piece the curves.  I'm eager to sew this first quadrant together--we should get that info soon.
My friend, Judy Murrah, has a great challenge for those who love vintage lace.  Check out her blog: Judy Murrah   She provides creative ideas for embellishing and making memory gifts.  I couldn't resist this one--making a wedding memory is my next plan--after tax season!!!

I hope you all have a wonderful week--can you believe it's the end of March already!  Check out Patchwork Times to see what others have been doing.

Let's quilt!

Barbara

5 comments:

  1. Barbara your pond looks terrific! So ... the next time you open up your back yard for a little handstitching and a quiet afternoon of chat, please let me know! LOL!! Good luck with wedding preps!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful garden scene--hope all your visitors give you proper credit for your hard work :) Cute idea for the doll quilt and great way to use up those little leftovers. I should file that away for future use! Best wishes for a wonderful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pond looks amazing. Love the red fishes. Your doll quilt look great,too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE the pond. One day I want to put one in. It is hard to believe March is already waning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love using up HST's in wonderful little scrap mini quilts like this!

    ReplyDelete