Monday, December 17, 2012

Just Takes 2 Done!

I worked all week on it, and got the borders on my Just Takes 2 quilt top:

I spent a good bit of time figuring out the measurements for the floater borders so the pieced borders would fit.  They did.  It got pretty big--about 91" x 108".  It will be sent off to California for quilting--I know it will be super when it's done. 

Another look at the borders:
Now I can move on to all the Christmas stuff that has to get done this week.  My guild party is Thursday and I still have things to get ready for that, plus shopping and shipping and baking... You get the picture.

Check out Judy L's Design Wall Monday to see what others are doing.

Have a great week and let's quilt!

Barbara

15 comments:

  1. That is absolutely gorgeous, Barbara. I made one section and then gave up - I had problems with some of the directions. Guess some of the blocks were too advanced for me. Love all the quilts in your header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barbara, this is gorgeous!! Yours looks better than the model one! Your week sounds very much like mine! Busy, busy, busy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you for seeing this project through! It's a real beauty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Margo. I knew if I didn't keep up, I'd never get it done.

      Delete
  4. Oh my, just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your borders! Your quilt is gorgeous! When I see these beautiful finished Just Takes 2 quilts, I mentally kick myself for not keeping up with this great project. Maybe after the new year ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning quilt. Red and white are just so graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This quilt top is stunning!! I love it!! Can't wait to see it quilted!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did a wonderful job on your quilt. Please show it on a DW Monday when it comes back quilted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will--I expect to have it back at the end of April.

      Delete
  9. Wow!!it really is wonderful! I think you went above and beyond on the lovely border! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm gonna finish mine too......just not anytime soon, travel, moving, packing up my sewing room......maybe in 2013 once I get settled :0) Yours is a real inspiration though....
    congratulations on a job well done :0)

    Happy Sewing and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your top looks wonderful. I am so far behind in reading my blogs. So I look forward to getting to see t quilted and bound next year. Happy new year

    ReplyDelete