Friday, October 11, 2013

Best of Show Makes My Day!

"Our guild has its' bi-annual quilt show this weekend, October 11-13, 2013.  Our members are a very talented bunch and our show is a beautiful, exciting, and eclectic display of textile art/quilts.  I am thrilled to have received the Best of Show Award for my quilt, Red and White, By The Numbers:


 Inspired by the 2011 NYC exhibit “Infinite Variety”, these blocks were free patterns from 2 websites in 2012.  There are 2770 pieces and 59 different fabrics. 

It was quilted spectacularly by Pamela Joy Dransfeldt, the Joyful Quilter, from Camarillo, CA.  Here are a few detail shots:


On the Frame
So this weekend I get to enjoy this experience, do the happy dance, then it's back to normal on Monday. 

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

9 comments:

  1. Congratulations - it is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to both you and Pamela. Your quilt is an inspiration as my JT2 waits its turn for quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't every quilter need a red and white quilt? You'll be glad when yours is done.

      Delete
  3. I saw this on Joyful Quilters FB page earlier today. I knew it had to be from the Sentimental Stitches and Dear Jane Blogs. Great Job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely stunning! I am so glad you were recognized for all your hard work! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful piecing and quilting.

    ReplyDelete