Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Few New Projects

I'm still working on the Simple What Nots quilts for the Club we are doing at my local quilt shop.  Here are the latest I've gotten done:
Widdlytinks, with buttons instead of Yo-yos, 12" x 15"


Hopscotch with applique' center--a pieced center is an alternate variation
28" square

 
There is one more to finish then I can take a short breather.  This first collection club was so popular we are doing it again, January to June 2015.  See Collection 2 from Henry Glass Fabrics here. 

A look at the happy folks with their little quilts done--I love when they change the pattern to make it their own, adding borders or extra rows, making a placemat, changing colors, what fun:




In between this I made a small quilt "Inspired by Gee's Bend".  Our 2015 quilt guild show will have a special exhibit of quilts inspired by Gee's Bend quilts that will be for sale.  The committee will be meeting again soon and I wanted to have this "flimsy" made to give them an idea of what can be done.  All of them must be 24" square.  Here is my first one:

It was so much fun I'll be making at least one more.  One will be donated to the special exhibit sale and one I think I'll enter in the show.  It was hard for me to do "wonky"--you'll notice the borders got straighter the more I added. 

Four weeks from today I'll arrive in Houston.  I look forward to this so much every year and this year is just extra special.  So much to do before then so I've got to get busy!

Let's Quilt!

Barbara



3 comments:

  1. Great projects, Barbara! Your first little quilt is darling. Love the button idea.

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. For having Houston on your radar you are staying busy in the sewing room. I love seeing the same pattern made differently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your Whatnots. I would love to do them , but they don't seem to have made it to the UK yet.

    ReplyDelete