Monday, September 8, 2014

Design Wall Monday September 8, 2014

While on vacation last week, I finished the applique' for a future Simple What Nots Club quilt--I am coordinating the Kim Diehl Simple What Nots Club at our local shop.  For more info, see here.


This one has instructions for both a pieced and this applique' center--you choose which you prefer.  I have another outer border to go, then this one is done.  I used 3 different methods for sewing on the vines, two by machine, one by hand.  I prefer to fold bias vines in thirds, then stitch in place, rather than use bias bars as the instructions say to do.  In class, I provide as many options as I can think of so students can choose or even learn a new favorite.

Hope to finish this one this week and I'm currently hand-appliqueing another one, Tiddlywinks!

Class is this Friday night so I have to prepare a few samples to demo this one:

Idaho Lily
 
Let's quilt!

Barbara

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I'm scared of applique. . . need to do a class or something and just get over it :) I like that you give options in your classes. I'd probably have to try all of them LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. All it takes is figuring out the method you prefer, and practice! A class is a good way to learn the steps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a good idea to provide many options - make people not be so intimidated by applique. Love your samples.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is called Widdly Tinks! I get it confused also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know your classes are well planned and you are well prepared. Lucky students. Samples are beautiful, Barbara.

    ReplyDelete