Monday, March 18, 2013

4 weeks to go


Today it's 4 weeks to the end of tax season--can you tell I'm ready?

This weekend we took a fast trip to the Gulf for a family wedding.  Not the best time for a trip but I've come to realize family trumps work every time. 

During the 7 hour trip down I finished the binding on this doll quilt--a gift for the last person I am swapping with--I've done that for a year and it's time to get back to the things I want to finish.

It's 23" x 20" and will be headed  to Logan, Utah later this week.

Also during the trip down, I got the great email news that both quilts I submitted for consideration for a Special Exhibit at the IQF Chicago show were accepted.  The exhibit is called Traditional Treasures 2013 and it will premiere at Chicago in June.  It may travel to Houston--I hope it does because I really want to see the quilts hanging in such great company.  Here's a quick look--I'll post more about these quilts in 4-5 weeks!


Let's Quilt!

Barbara

7 comments:

  1. Congrats!!! Your quilts are beautiful and the borders!! Oh my!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I look forward to seeing your quilts in person at IQF in Chicago in June.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you'll be happy for tax season to be finished! Your doll quilt for this month is darling -- I know that Kris will love it! She's a darling lady. Hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bravo!! Beautiful work. I will have a number of quilts headed to Logan too.....to keep my new grandbaby warm :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for you. I hope your quilt come to Houston in October, as well. I hope to go this year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are waiting for our tax lady to finish and, from this side of the form, we will be glad when tax season is over, too. Love your quilts and what a thrill to have both accepted. Good luck on going to Huston.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gari, I laughed out loud!! "From this side of the form"--never heard it put quite like that before! Thanks for the laugh.

      Delete