Tuesday, June 24, 2014

String Swap Blocks



Our group decided to make String Blocks for our swap.  There are 10 of us, and we each make a dozen 5" string blocks for each person.  Some people are asking for very specific colors/styles, some just say "scrappy".  Here are the first batches I've gotten done:

Connie--asked for a soft, cottage look

Kari--asked for bright and funky


My first attempt at my own--I cut the papers the wrong size so the black strip is not centered--OOPS!

These are fast and easy to do and fun too.  We will each receive 108 5" blocks from the other 9 people.  Of course, we will each make 108 blocks to give out too.  A great way to use up some of those shoe boxes of leftover fabric strips--though this didn't begin to make a dent in my stash. 

I am using old telephone book pages for the foundation.  When the 5" paper square is covered, I trim it to 5" again, getting rid of the excess around the perimeters.  The recipient can cut them down further or use them that size. 

Let's Quilt! 

Barbara



No comments:

Post a Comment