Sunday, March 11, 2018

Projects in Progress

I am hard at it, working on Long Time Gone #2:

The six sections are joined together, only the borders remain. When I made the first Long Time Gone, I completed the borders as the pattern suggested, only enlarging the last set of strips:

This one I intend to enlarge to queen size, from the 60" x 61" it is now. Here is the plan:

This quilt is being made with a kit from Homestead Hearth. There is a lot of fabric left from the 12 months of kits so I figure it's time to use it, so I don't have to store it. And I usually make a project harder than it needs to be so, go figure...

While working on this quilt, I am working on smaller projects. Here are the Temecula Quilt Co. 1880 sampler sew along blocks:


I've kept up with the Temperature Quilt  but have decided this will be a 6 month project, when it finishes to about 26" x 30" before whatever border I decide to add:


My Lifetime Quilt is getting done each week too. More info on it is here and here. I do plan to have it finished this year--then find a NEW Lifetime quilt to make:



The Patchwork Barn Quilt is keeping me busy and I'm doing the Block By Block 40th anniversary quilt from Patches & Stitches. No photos of them yet, I need the design wall for that. Soon...

Next up is quilting Little Monkey:

The outer border is marked for hand quilting, the middle part of the quilt I will machine quilt, some stitch in the ditch, some free motion. That is how I quilted Stella's baby quilt--this is the quilt for her new brother or sister, joining the family this September. We are very excited and so thrilled--another baby to love!

I am teaching quite a bit and have a few new irons in the fire--more on that soon.

What are you working on?

Let's Quilt.

Barbara


5 comments:

  1. Whew! What terrific progress you continue to make on all your projects! How exciting Stella is a few months away from being a big sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Making one Lone Time Gone is quite an accomplishment. I can't believe you are making two. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Temecula Quilt Sew-a-Longs. I did their 12 Days of Christmas wallhanging, which was a mystery SAL, and also the Marvelous Mini Monday one. Your 1800s Sampler Quilt blocks are looking good! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As to your Lifetime quilt - WOW! An amazing feat. Wonder what you will do next. Lots of inspiration work going on over there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your many amazing projects have me so in awe I can't recall what I am doing!
    As if your 2 Long Time Gone quilts are not enough, your LIFETIME project blows me away!
    And you are keeping up with the Temecula SAL (love the colors, BTW), and have several other irons in the fire. What is your secret? Even if I had a month, I don't think I could accomplish what you do in a week!
    It is all wonderful and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete