Do you have more than one quilt project going at a time? I bet you do.
My "active" works in progress.
1. The Patchwork Barn by Edyta Sitar for The Quilt Show--63 six-inch blocks done so far. Keeping up is not an option, I must. The first of each month I publish a blog with tips for that months' blocks:
2. The Temperature Quilt--this is winding down. I've decided to do 26 weeks so only have 3 weeks to go. I lost interest and it will finish at 29.75" x 26", without a potential border, big enough. More info on the color selection here.
3. 1880 Sampler Sew A Long, from Temecula Quilt Company--I am a sucker for their simple little block sew-a-longs. These are 4" blocks. This quilt will be 40" x 48" and is based on an antique quilt with Pennsylvania origins. That's where I'm from, I saw my first quilts as a Girl Scout in Lancaster County, so I had to make this one--how long can it take to make a 4" block, once a week? I'll be in their area next week and a trip to their store is high on my list of "most-do" things:
4. My Favorite Things--my latest six-month class. I'm on the horns of a dilemma again--there is not much sashing in this design but it will be an important element. I "decided" on this gray/white but after living with it for a few days, I'm thinking black or very dark gray will be better. Not wanting to "unsew" a quilt again, any time soon, I'm just going to ponder this for a while AND cut a few black strips, photograph them and then decide:
5. My Lifetime Quilt--is getting there. It will be 100" x 100". I only have 5 more 20" blocks to make--the triangles are 1.25" finished--there will be 12,800 triangles total. The most important decision as this wraps up is What Do I Make Next? for my ongoing Leader/Ender project:
6. I don't machine quilt near as much as I wish I did--I am so eager to get going on this one--it's been basted for a while. Top production continues to outpace quilt completion:
7. Another basted quilt, fairly small, I am eager to quilt. Xs and Os was all the rage on the internet 6-7 years ago, I'm just a bit behind:
So there you have the active projects I can easily see in my studio. There are many more behind the closet doors but these are the most pressing.
And, there's a brand new finish I can't show you--my entry in our guild's "Stitchin' the Blues" Challenge--only blue and white fabrics can be used and it can be no smaller on a side than 18" and no larger than 36". In the past week, I designed it, made the top, quilted it, and bound it. After the Challenge show, July 19, I'll be able to show it to you.
What about you, how many quilts are you working on right now?