Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Grandmothers Choice

It's getting there.  This is Grandmother's Choice, designed by Barbara Brackman, as a block of the week.  The blocks each have a connection to the Suffragist movement, from the late 1800's to 1920 when women got the right to vote.  Here is her blog.
I selected these colors based on the fact that the British Women's Social and Political Union adopted them in 1908 and I love Amethyst.  There is a lot of historical information with each block.  We take so many of our rights for granted, forgetting those who struggled to make our freedoms possible.

One more block gets done today, then just 4 more weeks to go.  I'm not sure how I'll do the borders, time will tell.

Check out Judy L's Design Wall Monday to see what others are doing. 

Let's quilt!

Barbara

4 comments:

  1. It's looking very lovely, Barbara -- I love it in the shade of greens and purples you've chosen. Is it a particular line of fabrics? And, just out of curiosity, do you have Block Base? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Denise, there are as many different fabrics as I could gather from my stash--not a line. And I do have Block Base--a necessity IMHO.

      Delete
  2. Barbara, you are amazingly disciplined. I've never seen anyone so productive and precise as you in quilt making.

    ReplyDelete