Sunday, September 10, 2023

GOODIES FROM STEADY BETTY

 Recently I was sent some products from Steady Betty to try out and review:

I have the Steady Betty Bridge Supreme on the cabinet bed of my machine and have used it for years. It allows you to sew all those half square triangles or flying geese (shown here) without having to draw a line. The lines are here so you can see the process. The point of the fabric runs along the 1/4" line on the Bridge. If sewing down the center of the square as you would for Snowball blocks, etc., the point of the fabric would run along the 0 CTR line. There are lots of additional markings as well. Note, there are two of these in the package--mine has lasted in place a long time:


I am using the Steady Stiletto II--I love a stiletto and use one with all my piecing. This one feels good, it's smooth wood, lightweight and has a foam tip on the flat end that really holds the fabric securely: 


Package information

These next two items are both really cool. The Steady Betty Pro Ultimate Pressing and Design Surface is lightweight, a great take-to-class tool, can be used for pressing AND as a Design Board--I use design boards all day long as I move blocks from the sewing machine to the ironing station and back again. There is foam on both sides of this 13" square board:


The Steady Betty Wooly Ultimate Pressing and Design Surface is 13" x 17". It has the foam on one side and a wool pressing surface on the other side. If you have become a fan of wool pressing mats, as I have, you know how much it helps improve your piecing to press with a wool surface:

Each of these boards has a little hanging tag making it easy to carry too.

Check out the Steady Betty website  to see ALL the many products they carry--things you might need. Also check them out on YouTube and Facebook--a link to both those pages is on the Home page of their website. This is truly a "mom and pop" business who will deeply appreciate your support.

If you see something you like, tell them I sent you. Also look for their products at  your local quilt shop, if you are fortunate enough to have one near you. Then you are supporting TWO small businesss.

Let's quilt.

Barbara


1 comment:

  1. I've had one of the original Steady Bettys for a long time and I love it.

    ReplyDelete