There are always multiple projects going on in my Studio. Take a look:
At my guild meeting last week I picked up two "Comfy Quilts" that needed binding. The first I did by machine, the second I am hand sewing the binding to the back. They will be returned next month and will be donated to one of several organizations the HERITAGE QUILTERS OF HUNTSVILLE supports with quilts:
This is the time of year I work to finish the current Block of the Month for THE QUILT SHOW so I can concentrate on the NEXT BOM coming in January 2027. Game On! is designed by Becky Goldsmith. I am making BOTH the SOLID and PRINT kit versions:
SOLID through Month 11, almost done:
PRINT through Month 11, ready for Month 12 to be completed. Flight of the Bumblebee, 2027's BOM, is on the wall behind it--I don't want to take it down until it's finished so the wall is a bit distracting:
I spent some time cutting all the fabrics/pieces needed for the remaining four borders that are made in Month 12. This allowed me to plan the fabrics as I like and each border is ready for sewing as I get to it:
LUCKY STARS is still ongoing. The next star is made by paper piecing using the pattern my friend Cyndi R created and the next ring of wedges is ready to be sewn by hand, English Paper Piecing (EPP):
Here is one of hers using neutral backgrounds and several fabrics in each circle:
| Scrappy Snacks by Timna Tarr |
But then I saw this one of hers and REALLY LIKE it:
| O Happy Day by Timna Tarr |
Good thing I don't have to decide today...
Some people may only work on one project at a time. That doesn't work for me as I always have several deadlines looming.
This is also when I plan next year's local classes. If you are local OR want to come to Huntsville for classes, let me know what interests you. My usual WORKSHOPS are listed above under the WORKSHOP TAB. Here are a few thoughts at this moment:
FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLEBEE: DEMO CLASS once a month, 2 hours, I will show exactly how to make that month's segment of this complex quilt. Membership in The Quilt Show is required--that gets you the FREE PATTERN once a month. You will sew at home:
FEATHERED STARS PAPER PIECED: learn detailed paper piecing while making the perfect block for a center medallion or start a full quilt of Feathered Stars:
MY FAVORITE THINGS: a four-day, once a month class that teaches so much, my favorite blocks, AND how to design your own unique layout, or use mine:
OH MY STARS: this will happen somewhere in 2027--perhaps a one day Workshop for a local guild. Stay tuned:
Let's quilt.
Barbara

No comments:
Post a Comment