Sunday, October 11, 2026

SEND ME YOUR STRINGS!

I am working on a new Class--SAVE OUR STRINGS. My ideas are flowing and I need to make a variety of string blocks for possible ideas. It would be great to have lots of scrap fabrics from lots of people so none of the pattern blocks look like each other. If they are all made from my fabric, they will all look the same. 

My strings are thrown into a tote bag beside my cutting table and when full, I play with them:


What am I looking for? Quilting cottons, no less than 1" wide, no more than 4" wide, any length, small to long. All colors, solids and prints. If you loved it when you used it in a quilt, I will love it too. 

Here are a few of my block ideas:





At the moment I have 10 blocks/units I plan to offer so there will be lots of sewing in my future.

If you want to have your SCRAPS included, gather up a big Ziploc bag full, put them in an large envelope and send them my way. If you don't have my address, send me an email: bbquiltmaker AT gmail--and I will provide my mailing address.

IF you will be attending International Quilt Festival in Houston November 9-13, 2026 and want to hand me your strings, that works too.

Everyone who sends me a package will be in a random drawing for a GREAT GIFT: rotary cutter, thread, scissors, new fabric. Trust me, you will want to win this! 

Please plan to ship no later than November 20, 2026. The winner will be selected on Thanksgiving, November 26, 2026. 

Let's quilt.

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment