Sunday, July 6, 2014

What's New--Class Samples

I'm having fun creating class samples for upcoming quilt classes. 

How about this:


It's called Soul Searching in this book:


by Kathy Doughty of Australia. Her shop is called Material Obsession and she has a fun blog too. 

My title for this quilt is Color in Black and White.  There are 7 more blocks to be made--want to guess the other colors?  It takes time to cut all the fabrics, but the sewing goes fast.   In addition to cutting 2.5" strips for this size, I am cutting 1.5" strips at the same time for a much smaller version.  Digging through boxes of fabrics takes time, might as well make 2 at once.

The other small quilt I made this weekend is this:

Laundry Day Simple What Nots Club #1  20" square


I am doing the Simple What Nots Club by Kim Diehl at our local shop, Patches & Stitches, Huntsville, AL.  The fabric is late in arriving so I finally had to make this sample from my fabrics on hand.  The club will meet one Friday night a month for 6 months, where I will do lecture/demos for each of 6 small quilts.  We have about 20 folks signed up but this will go on display tomorrow so we may get a few more sign-ups.  With such small pieces, it's a great way for both new and experienced quilters to improve their piecing skills.  I will also encourage students to be free in their fabric selections--it is not a club that gives you all the exact fabrics to use, they will get plenty of opportunity to expand their design sense.  It will be fun!

When not sewing this great Fourth of July weekend, my husband and I worked hard in the yard, went out to town to visit some of his family, had great picnic-type food for dinner, including homemade fresh peach ice cream! and enjoyed a lovely weekend all around.  Life is good.

There are several more projects I have to get to but for now I plan to finish the terrific color blocks--this is really an enjoyable project, mainly because I'm revisiting some oldies but goodies in my deep fabric stash!

Linking up with Judy L's Design Wall Monday.

Let's quilt!

Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment