Monday, May 2, 2016

Live Laugh Love

I finished the Scrapbasket Sampler from the Quilts by Cheri Facebook page:


Front  26" x 46"

Back



Cheri's pattern had a primitive design of flowers, leaves and vines at the top--I substituted one of my favorite sayings.  At the bottom I added my initials and the year--I love seeing those things on other people's quilts so was happy to add them to my own.  The back is made of all the 4.5" squares I auditioned for the front--I only had to cut 4 more to have enough for the back.  See my earlier post about the decision-making process here.  It shows some of my ideas about choosing those squares.

I had to force myself to make this quilt this size--I still don't know where I'll hang it but it's done, it was fun, and I'm ready to move on to the next thing on my list--making a few more dresses for Stella--she will be ONE June 2 and we'll be there to see her.  Here she is just the other day:


There is something so delicious about baby toes!!

My husband has been working very hard in our flower beds and his work is really paying off.  We were sad to learn one of our Knock-Out roses has the virus Rose Rosette caused by a tiny mite in the roots.  There is no cure, it is 100% fatal and will almost certainly spread to the other five roses right near by.  So sad--they are as beautiful this year as they have ever been :

Approaching the pond--there are 3 large Knock-Out Roses on both sides



The fish are happy:



And a few more quilty-things underway:

Westering Women block #4

Stella's Splendid Sampler block #22

My Tumbler quilt as it grows--a great Leader/Ender project, only 13 more rows to go

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

6 comments:

  1. Nice finish! I like your changes, and how sweet that the back is so interesting! Your little cutie is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my most favorite of your blog posts. I loved seeing the questionable quilt finished with its successful setting, the precious photo of Stella, and your gorgeous English garden. All fun and happy to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden is gorgeous!
    The quilt by Cheri is super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you, I love initials and dates on quilts, but I have never thought to do it on my own. I like how you personalized the little quilt, and love the backing, too.
    What a pretty yard--does your hubby hire out? : )
    Love both of those blocks, and especially love the tumblers!!

    ReplyDelete