Friday, May 13, 2016

Merry Month of May

I've known all year this month was coming, 3 trips this month and only one week home--this week. I've been sewing like crazy to make the most of it.

Here is my eclectic Design Wall, with lots of works in progress:


There are some OLD projects up there, like the dragonflies made from angelina fibers--no other place to safely store that until I decide to finish it.  A few are class samples, some upcoming, some recently taught.

Here are parts for the Circa 2016 project from the Temecula Quilt Company blog.  They've just posted this week's block so I'll jump right on that.


The blocks are 3" finished and the baggie contains 120 half square triangles that are 1.5" finished.

Yesterday I played with very small strata, 1" cut strips:



More about this in a later post.

Next week I'm off to Salt Lake City for Spring Market--a real treat!  I love to see what is new and exciting in the quilt industry I love so much.  Also a great time to spend with the close friends I've made at Quilts Inc.  Hopefully, I'll be able to post some photos for you from Market.

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. Love your design wall. Mine looks like that more often than not. : )
    Oh, I am only 90 minutes north of SLC. Hard to think about all of the people there I would like to meet. Have fun and share lots of photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to have a little time to sew in between teaching and traveling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved those little blocks and look forward to seeing what you do with that strata!

    ReplyDelete