Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Summer Class Line-Up

It's just barely Spring, but the Summer class schedule is being prepared at my local shop, Patches & Stitches, Huntsville, AL.  Just a note:  "Patches" has been serving quilters and needleworkers in Huntsville continuously for 39 years, with the SAME owner.  I think that just might be a record.  I have taught there for 29 years, since moving here.

Here is my schedule of classes for Summer 2017:

SUMMER ROMANCE, June 27 and July 11, 5:30-8:30. Requested by several students who saw this on my living room wall when they came to my Sale last year.

Glad Creations pattern

LEARN TO QUILT THIS WEEKEND, June 23, 24, 9-4 and Sunday June 25, 12-4. For beginners, something entirely NEW, a "soup to nuts" class, the idea is they make the top Friday and Saturday and start the quilting on  Sunday. Fabric kits will be available if they choose:


My personal design, Italian Shoo Fly #2
QUILTMAKING 202--Feathered Star, June 10, 9-4. Continuation of QM 202 offered now, this is a 12" non-paper pieced Feathered Star. For those who want to improve their skills and aren't afraid of a bit of a challenge. The other 5 blocks shown here are taught in Quiltmaking 202--The Next Step, currently being offered in this Winter 2017 schedule:


SCRAP MONKEY, June 13, 5:30-8:30. A fun way to use up scraps and make Monkey Wrench blocks. This sample was made as a gift for me by my friend, Ellen, and is a favorite of mine:


TRAVELING PROJECT: Handwork Made Easy. night class June 20, 5:30-8:30 OR day class June 16, 9-noon. I always have handwork ready to go with me on trips or when I want to slow-stitch. This is English Paper Pieced with diamonds. Students can create these tumbling blocks OR star blocks. Options for the borders will be taught. Don't leave home without a project:


WORK FASTER, NOT HARDER: speedy ways to do LOTS of things in quilting. A brand new class based on the two hour Open Studios presentation I'm giving in Chicago next week:


BEAUTIFUL BORDERS AND BINDINGS. August 8, 5:30-8:30. Every two years, a few months before our guild quilt show, I offer this 3 hour lecture/demo class on how to improve your finished edges, an important step that really creates a top-notch quilt. Students are invited to bring works in progress for suggestions and learn lots of tips to finish their quilts beautifully:


Obviously, I love to teach and am always thinking of new classes or how to improve the much-loved classes.  I hope to see YOU in class.

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Barbara! Looks like a busy fun schedule! I like the class Work Faster, Not Harder! It sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I echo Lori's comment. I also would love the binding class, and I really like that Summer Romance design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful and well rounded class schedule. You are truly amazing with all that you accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like a class on how to make this quilt. Not just how to construct it, but also how to complete it in less than a decade.
    :)

    ReplyDelete