Sunday, February 26, 2012

Why Quilts Matter

Why Quilts Matter is a fantastic Series on American Quilts, making them, collecting them,  and the marketplace, hosted by Shelly Zegart and airing on selected PBS stations.  Sadly, not my PBS station. 

BUT--this wonderful 9 part series is currently available free for members of thequiltshow.com--until March 31, 2012. Check this out:   thequiltshow.com   Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson created this world-wide community a few years ago and I've been a member since before it began.  I cannot sing the praises of this website/community enough.  Lifelong friendships have been made, there are amazing free classes available all the time, the forum is a wealth of information for everyone from beginners to professionals.  And, of course, every 2 weeks there is a one-hour show featuring the best, brightest, newest, most well-known, quilt teachers and makers who offer great information for all--some very modern, some artsy, some very traditional.  I often say, if I had to seriously watch my quilting dollars, this is the LAST money I would give up--it is that valuable to me. There is so much more on the site, I am just touching the highlights here.  No affilitation, just a very satisfied member!

So, if for no other reason than you can watch all 9 segments of Why Quilts Matter, I strongly encourage you to join thequiltshow.com now and catch them before they go away at the end of March.

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

1 comment:

  1. Barbara, I'm so glad you shared this! Too bad our PBS affiliate isn't carrying the series. I wonder why?! :)

    ReplyDelete