Sunday, December 3, 2017

New Classes

I've been digging in my shoeboxes of scraps to make a new sample for Scrappy Trips:

Scrappy Trips 50" square so far

Next, I added  piano key borders--to use up some more of those scraps:

60" square

 Last year I completed one of these with no borders:


Quilts just don't look "done" to me without a final border. I am happy with the piano key border.

This class will be Saturday January 27, 2018, 9 a.m. to Noon, at Huntsville Sew and Vac.

I also had fun using some leftovers from Spellbound to make "Bonnie's Baskets":

Bonnie's Baskets, 30" square

This class is Saturday February 24, 2018, 9 a.m. to Noon, also at Huntsville Sew and Vac. It is paper-pieced and this is a great project to learn that fun technique--even if you think you don't like to paper piece, this is the class to show how how easy and accurate it can be.

Both of these patterns are from Bonnie Hunter and are found on her Free Patterns tab on her Quiltville blog.

In February I'll offer my  one hour Ruler Work Demo on the Bernina Q20 Sit-Down Longarm at Barb's Sewing Center--Friday February 16, 2018, 10 a.m. and again at 11:30. See all the designs you can quilt on your domestic machine, using rulers, also called "Templates". Read more about that process here. Bonnie's Baskets was quilted with rulers in the center and Free-motion on the border. Fun and fast!

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. More pretty quilts. I esp. love the Bonnie's Baskets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a scrappy trips UFO somewhere in my closet. This makes me want to drag it out and finish it, but this is the wrong time of year for that.
    I don't recall the basket pattern. Looks intriguing. I like a basket that doesn't need an appliqued handle. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great quilt! I like some quilts without borders, but I agree the :trips" looks like it needs one.

    ReplyDelete