Sunday, October 28, 2018

Tiny Stars for Block Swap

I made it!  Thirty  5" unfinished Tiny Stars for the Heritage Quilters of Huntsville block swap:


Recently, I discovered the tutorial for this cute star on Instagram and put a swap together for my guild. Find that info here: Tiny Stars Block Swap

Fourteen people jumped on board so I know they are busy sewing right now too. I chose to only have a month for this swap--the holiday season is just around the corner and if you drag it out, the early birds are done and ready to swap and those who wait until the last minute haven't started yet. Set a short deadline, everyone agrees and the swap is over quickly.

Here is how they will turn in their blocks at our November guild meeting. all 30 in a quart-size ZipLoc bag with their name on it:


At the guild meeting, I will sort them out and return each person's bag with new blocks.

Then it will be fun to see what we got and decide how to use them. They can be cut down to 4.5" unfinished or kept at 5" unfinished. I plan to leave them at 5" so they "float" in the quilt.

Block swaps can be a challenge but this is a good one since points don't have to meet and the sizing is "forgiving".

Let's quilt.

Barbara

5 comments:

  1. I agree about the timing. Make it soon so people will get started right away. What fun blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to seeing what you end up doing with your "new" blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look great. The idea of floating stars sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look wonderful, Barbara!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are very cute, and the fact that they "float" make them perfect for a swap!

    ReplyDelete