Wednesday, February 3, 2021

MY JOURNEY: QUILT # 13

 Another quilt from the Special Exhibit My Joyful Journey, part of the Virtual Quilt Festival, December 3-5, 2020.

QUILT # 13: A-Symmetrical Six-Pence, machine pieced, quilted by Lisa Marshall, 2005


The Story: Part of my Artsy Period, I spent a lot of time rearranging all the blocks on the design wall to create a sense of changing direction over the top. Block units were swapped with 12 other quilters. One of my most favorite pieces, it is used on my bed in the spring and summer. 


Let's quilt.

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. Barbara,
    You have a real talent for color selection. All of your quilts are rich and vibrant!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks--I think that comes from helping beginners select their fabrics for more than 30 years. And I know what I like.

      Delete
  2. Such rich, lush colors, and the intricate woven look of the pattern make this a gorgeous quilt. The pops of yellow make it look like stained glass in a candlelit church service.

    ReplyDelete