Sunday, September 20, 2026

2027 LOCAL CLASSES

As I have cut back travel a little, I have more time to teach a few local classes and do a few special events. Here is the 2027 schedule so far:

January 21, 2027  Heritage Quilters of Huntsville. Faith Presbyterian Church, 6:30 pm. Heritage Quilters of Huntsville  

I am the guest speaker. "MY JOYFUL JOURNEY--LET'S MAKE BETTER QUILTS". I was asked to talk about how I got to where I am today as a speaker/teacher who travels all over for quilting. But expect the emphasis to be on how we can all make better quilts. PowerPoint presentation and a few "rarely leave the house" quilts will be on display. 

January 23, 2027 Workshop: Oh My Stars!  ,  9-4, HERITAGE QUILTERS of HUNTSVILLE               Registration for HQH members through December. Non-members may be able to register after that         date if space is available.

Class Sample 34" square

Queen Size Project from the pattern


2027 Block of the Month FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLEBEE Demo Class,  Saturday 10 am-noon,  January 9, March 13, May 8, July 10, September 11,  AND November 13, 2027:  Barb's Sewing Center

Each meeting we will discuss two months of instructions. I will demo-sew to walk you through this ambitious quilt that will teach you a LOT! 12 hours of class time.

You must be a Star Member of The Quilt Show which will allow you access to the monthly patterns for FREE. The patterns cannot be purchased separately. Use your own fabrics--I will help you select them--if you did not pre-order one of the two colorways of the Kit. The quilt is 84" square: 


January 29, 2027 Papaw's Choice, True Southern Charm Quilting   

Learn to make this versatile yet easy block then play with a variety of design possibilities. Sample is 72” square before borders. It is easy to make this quilt any size you want. Let me show you how. Pattern Design by Ricky Tims who has given me permission to teach it to you!


February 12, March 12, April 9, May 14, 2027  MY FAVORITE THINGS.    True Southern Charm Quilting 

Learn how to make my favorite blocks in this comprehensive 4 month fun and educational class. So many tips and tricks will be taught--increase your quilting skills as you make several smaller quilts OR combine ALL the individual blocks into one complete bed-size quilt, a totally original design, your choice. Yours does not have look like mine. Twenty two hours of class time and a month in between each class gives you lots of time to be successful.

You will learn things that improve your quiltmaking journey going forward. My Sample is 65” x 76” but can easily be enlarged--I will teach you how:


There may be another class or two later in the year. Let me know what you want to learn and I'll try to make that happen. 

This gives my local friends a chance to take classes without having to travel. And for friends around the country to travel here. Ask me for the hotel recommendation if you are coming from out of town. 

Let's quilt. 

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment