Sunday, September 13, 2026

PRODUCTION MODE

 So far this month I have completed 4 quilt tops and the month is not half over. Deadlines have a way of forcing production.

LUCKY STARS got off to a good start. I wrote about this project before: NEW HANDWORK PROJECT and LUCKY STARS PROGRESS. But I just wasn't feeling this quilt.  I LOVE swapping fabrics with my Sunday Sew and Sew friends. That continues. So, after making 4  blocks I called it  "DONE".

Here is the completed wallhanging top:

LUCKY STARS, 35" square

As soon as the 2027 Block of the Month quilt top FLIGHT OF THE BUMBLEBEE was completed, I took it to longarm quilter extraordinaire Patty Wilson. She is working on it right now and I will have it back soon. Here it is again, 84" square:


Then it was time to complete two new WORKSHOP SAMPLES for a wonderful Caribbean Cruise March 17-26, 2028. Yes, a year and a half from now. We have to work well in advance. The cruise is through the American Quilters Society (AQS) Registration won't open for at least a few months. Their website in that link lists other cruises so you can get an idea how it works. Holland America is the cruise line and I am excited to try them. The ship has less than 2000 passengers, a nice change from the 7000 passenger cruises I have done lately. Save the date and start saving your pennies, we will have a fantastic time!

Here are my two WORKSHOP SAMPLES. There will be optional KITS for those who want to order them or you can bring your own fabric. Each of these is a Two-Day class, while we are at sea:

LONE STAR AT SEA, 25" square

TROPICAL ROSE STAR, 28" x 32" 

Now I have to do all the paperwork. And I will make two additional samples before this year is out so I can have two quilted/finished samples and two that are just tops. You can learn a lot from seeing the back of a quilt top.

Then it's time to start packing for the FALL RETREAT in Livermore, CA--I head west September 27 for a week of fun AND teaching two great classes. 

Let's quilt.

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment