Monday, January 16, 2012

Design Wall Monday, January 16, 2012



Here is what I've been working on, a simple nine-patch made with Judie Rothermel's Chronicles fabric line.  Obviously, not done yet but I'm getting there.  While I would like to say I'll have it done by next Monday, I have run out of the tan for the squares and still have 11 more nine-patches to make.  AND...

The second set of Red and White blocks for the Just Takes 2 project were revealed yesterday and I want to work on those.  If you are thinking of doing this year-long mystery-type project, be aware the blocks are only available for free for 30 days from posting and posting happens the first and fifteen of each month.  After the 30 days, the patterns will be available for purchase.  See all the info at Just Takes 2.  If you think you might like to do this, sign up in time to get the first 6 blocks for free, that's about 2 weeks from now.

It's tax season so I might not be here daily but I'll always try to post on Mondays.  Be sure to check out Patchwork Times on Mondays to see what other people are working on.  A great feature from Judy L. 

Let's quilt,

Barbara

10 comments:

  1. Lovely colors in your quilt. Hope you find enough background fabric to finish. I've been saving off the Just Takes 2 blocks, but haven't wanted to jump into a new project just yet. So many projects and so few hours in the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may collect the Just Takes 2 BOM and save them for later. My plate is full right now (this year--LOL!) but I love the look of what they've revealed so far! Hope your week is stress-free (or as stress-free as a week can be during tax season)!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love simple style quilts that look great!! Yours is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a beautiful quilt! Hope you can find more tan fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So hope you can get more of the tan fabric - this is a stunning quilt in it's simplicity.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The photo of your 9-patch quilt as seen in the thumbnail looks very dramatic. Almost art-quilty, as though it were part of a Roman fresco where a chunk of it had been plastered over (=the white part). I know that's not what you intend, however, so I hope you're able to get more of that tan fabric so finish the project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your nine patch is looking great. Hope you can find more of the tan to match. Yikes, tax season! Hope you can sneak in a little quilting here and there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think it kind of looks interesting with the 'empty' space at the bottom! Would be an interesting take on a quilt trying to be traditional.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a collection of mini 9 patches sewn with white and a color that finish at only 3" One day I'll get them out and play with them... but after seeing yours with the cream and more country colors I'm tempted to begin another set using civil war fabrics. Love your project!! Surly you can find a close enough cream fabric. :)

    Love from Indiana! -bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  10. very pretty, and I am sure you will find a nice blending fabric.

    ReplyDelete