Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happily Creative

This is the end of my pre-tax season creative burst!  Just another week or so and I'll be back at it full-time, and then some. 

Here's what I've done this week:

I saw this on one of the blogs I follow, Taryn at Repro Quilt Lover and thought it was sweet. It is also  tiny. Those bricks were cut 7/8" x 1 1/4" and finish at .375" x .75".  Now I've cut out 61 more bricks, twice that size, cut 1.5" x 2.5".  It will be fun to see how much larger the second one is.

The other evening I started quilting, by Big Stitch, on the Courthouse Step Quilt.  It goes fast and I really like the way it's looking.  I might be sorry about that red chalk pencil I'm using; time will tell.

Here's what I did today:  I selected the fabrics for my red and white Just Takes 2 project:
6 yds red 9 yds white

It was fun shopping in my closet.  Do you think I should pre-wash?  HA!  You bet, I'm pre-washing.  With at least one Shout Color Catcher sheet in those reds--I'm washing them separately.  Every quilter needs Shout Color Catchers at hand at all times.  Remember to use one in the washing machine if you suspect some fabrics may run--I always use them with my husband's new plaid shirts, they often run.  Once the fabrics are washed and pressed, I'll make the first 6 blocks, tomorrow.

I've read all Leah Day's posts so far from her Free Motion Quilting Project and watched the video.  Bet it would help if I practiced the lesson!  Hopefully, tomorrow or Sunday.  She is making it look so easy--the mark of an expert!

And now I'm off to make Block 11 of the 12 Day so Christmas quilt--love this one! 

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. I try to remember to wash my fabrics too. I try to wash like colors together, but have ruined one piece of fabric, because something still ran on it. Is there a way to get that out, once it's set?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all those reds - I would pre-wash those too as reds do have a tendancy to bleed. Yes, I have the color catchers and love them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara,

    Very nice blog! Congrats. I'll drop by from time to time.

    ReplyDelete