Friday, January 6, 2012

Small Quilts Friday

Today I worked on the Tiny Bricks quilt, only bigger and here's what I got:
The bigger one is 14" x 16" while the tiny one is 6" x 7".   I'll hand quilt the larger one and don't have any more need to make another one of these.  This series of 2 is DONE! 

Then I finished the 12 Days of Christmas quilt from Temecula Quilt Co.  Each day for 12 days they posted a simple, 3" finished block, day 1 was 1 piece, day 2 was 2 pieces, day 3 was 3 pieces, etc:
This little quilt is 17" x 21", perfect size to use an old fat quarter for the back.  I'll hand quilt this one too, probably big stitch, since that's fast and works well with these little doll-size quilts.

I made 3 of the first 6 blocks in the Just Takes 2 project, more about that next time.  I love these blocks! 

Now it's time to get ready to teach a great class tomorrow, at Patches & Stitches, my local quilt shop.  I'm teaching Bonnie Hunter's Texas Braid quilt.  A stash-buster, there is lots of piecing time in this:


If you haven't found Bonnie's awesome blog, Quiltville.com, you need to hustle over there--I have learned a lot from her and get inspired frequently.  Her "leaders/enders" method has helped me make several quilts recently, with "found" time--it's really a brilliant idea!

Have an enjoyable weekend, whatever you do.  Let's quilt!

Barbara

No comments:

Post a Comment