Sunday, January 8, 2012

Teaching Texas Braid

We had a fun day yesterday.  I taught Bonnie Hunter's quilt, Texas Braid, at my local quilt shop.  The students varied from beginner to somewhat experienced piecers.  Learning the process for a quilt like this is the real challenge:  which way to press, which side to start with, how to keep organized, etc.

They did a bang-up job!  I love when the light comes on in a student's eyes and they "get it"!  I especially love to see this with a student who struggles at first, and starts to doubt she'll ever "get it".  The feeling of accomplishment for that person is almost tangible!  See how well they did:
Progress!


Come back tomorrow for Design Wall Monday--my 6 Just Take 2 blocks will be done.

Let's Quilt!

Barbara


4 comments:

  1. We had a great time in this class - just look at all the smiles! As a beginner, I learned quite a bit and also made some new friends. I can't wait to see the results!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I am addicted. I can't help my self - I am halfway through the 9 pairs (18). I am losing weight, sleep, and feeling in my hands and feet - I have to see the results. :-S

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barbara I went yo Bonnie's site but did not find the pattern. Where did you find?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen, the pattern for Texas Braid is in Bonnie hunter's book Adventures with Leaders and Enders, a good book to have. There are a few more in there I want to make.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete