Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Stella's Splendid Sampler

Here are the first 7 blocks from The Splendid Sampler:



And here is Block 7, Snug as a Bug:


This pattern was shown embroidered only but when I saw someone on the Facebook group use fabric for the quilt, I really loved that--thanks Lois Bestwick!  I used Crayola Crayons, Metallic FX, for the bunny, baby, and bear.  It was fun and easy.  Then I gave her a black eye with the Pigma pen, oh, my!  Of course, that was the very last thing I had to do, all the stitching was done.  My recommendation:  do the permanent pen thing first, so if you  mess up you can simply cut another square and try again, before you do all the sewing.  Someone on Facebook said she was under her comfort quilt because of her sore eye.  That's my story, and I'm sticking to it!

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. So cute--black eye and all! I like your story--works for me. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your new sampler project...so bright! And the snug as a bug block is so cute! Well done!

    ReplyDelete