Monday, June 13, 2016

Back at the Machine--Playing Catch-Up

Happy to say I am back at my machine to celebrate National Sewing Machine Day.

I've caught up with Circa 2016 from Temecula Quilt Company:



I'm still working on The Splendid Sampler:  Four more blocks to go and I'll be caught up--with 2 blocks a week it's easy to get behind.



Tomorrow night I teach:

Hexie Star

This is a great class for those thinking about the Millefiori/La Passacaglia quilt--whether you hand piece or use the English Paper Piecing method, you will learn to create those sharp points.

Thursday night is my guild meeting--I've missed a couple meetings this  year, most unusual for me.  I  have to decide if I can have my Challenge quilt ready for the July meeting--my design is labor-intensive and I haven't pulled the fabrics for it yet.  This Challenge is pretty complicated and I hear there are not many entries.  Registration is due at this week's meeting so I'll have to get started to decide if I really can finish my entry.  

I've also spent time updating this blog with Workshop and Lecture pages at the top.  Guilds want to find this information quickly so I've tried to provide it here.  I don't have a website and don't foresee starting one.  

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

2 comments:

  1. I admire that you continue to work at catching up. When I fall behind I tend to drop out. : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sewing the splendid sampler together as I go was my smartest decision--it needs to be a complete quilt, not just a bunch of blocks.

      Delete