Sunday, August 12, 2018

New Finish and Best Blog Award?!

One more in the "Finished" column. pieced by me, longarm quilted by Mechelle Armstrong, Magnolia Longarm Quilting of Madison, AL:

Nice Fit on a Queen-size bed

A Topper for a King-size bed
Quilting Details:






Halo Star Medallion, 2017 Block of the Month on The Quilt Show. The GREAT NEWS is this pattern is still available FREE for Star Members, until December 31, 2018.

This quilt was designed by the late Sue Garman exclusively for The Quilt Show. The cost to buy the pattern now directly from Sue's company, Come Quilt, is $78.00.  The cost of a  one year membership to The Quilt Show is $49--and it includes so much more in addition to the Blocks of the Month patterns. Each show teaches me something--there is a new one-hour show every two weeks. Your membership gives you access to ALL the previous shows. I've been a member since the very beginning,  more than 10 years. and consider it the best money I spend on quilting each year.

This free pattern is in addition to the 2018 Block of the Month, The Patchwork Barn designed by Edyta Sitar. Here is just a taste of mine, with a few alternative options, it's still secret sewing until next month:


I received a surprise email the other day from National Quilters Circle, letting me know this blog has been nominated for "Best Overall Blog" in their Quilting Blogger Awards! Wow, that's quite an amazing surprise.



I don't expect this to go much farther--the top 3 blogs nominated move on to the final voting  and some of those nominated have many thousands of followers, this one has about 2,500. I am just happy at least one of you nominated this little blog. If you want to nominate me, feel free, but really, just thank you so much for following along on my Joyful Journey.

Let's Quilt!

Barbara

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful, beautiful quilt -- maybe one of my favorites! Mechelle does really lovely work, too. Congrats on your nomination! Your blog isn't just inspirational, it's practical and SO helpful to quilters. Good job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful finish! The quilting is terrific. Congratulations on your blog nomination!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your nomination it very well deserved.
    As for your quilt it is absolutely gorgeous. Ms Barbara are just so talented. I have been a big fan a follower of yours sine you taught a workshop at our local quilt guild. The Quilt Guild of Greater Victoria. Your one of the reasons I strive to be a better quilter.
    Until we meet again Best Wishes and Happy Quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marcia. I hope we can make it happen again.

      Delete