Wednesday, December 29, 2021

10 YEARS AND COUNTING

 And just like that, it's a Blog-A-Versary! This blog has been in existence for 10 years. Hard to imagine it's been that long. I am completely self-taught at this process and have learned a LOT over these 10 years. 

Each year I get them bound by Blog2Print so I have a complete set of the posts, minus the comments, those aren't included:


I started when I realized I enjoyed reading blogs from quilters far away and was learning a lot from them. Usually short posts, always something interesting, I thought I could do that too.

The first post was published December 31, 2011--find it here: Out With the Old...  It ends with "Welcome to my world..." 

It is mostly about my quilting journey and a  place to share what I've learned over almost 40 years of quiltmaking. Occasionally, family things are included, like the wonderful Stella and Sam:

Family Vacation in the Woods October 2021

Christmas Day 2021--hold still!

The biggest change came earlier this year when Google stopped providing "follow by email" service and I had to find a new provider. I switched to Follow It and there was a bit of a learning curve. 

It seems once Follow It had your email address when you subscribed where it says Get New Posts By Email, they thought you wanted to follow MANY blogs/news subscriptions. NO, I did NOT. So it took a few minutes to Unsubscribe to all the many links they sent the first day but now that's all done and I only get a link to THIS BLOG.  Read more about that here: Changes

We are approaching 2000 followers, through Bloglovin' (my Favorite way to follow blogs), Feedly, Follow It and Google Followers. If you are NEW, I welcome you and hope you find interesting content here. If you have been here since the beginning, I sincerely THANK YOU!  And you don't have to FOLLOW the blog to see it, you can always come looking for it each Sunday and Wednesday when I usually post.

TWO TIPS about this Blog: 

1. The Search Box on the upper left is your friend--type in a keyword like Studio to see all the posts I have made about my studio and how I set it up and/or rearranged it.

2. The Tabs across the top are there to help you. TUTORIALS shows a number of posts made to teach specific things or in answer to a Reader's request for specific posts--take a look on that tab to see what is currently there.

Come along on my Joyful Journey as I share tips and tricks, ideas and thoughts, as we travel this path together. While some of the posts pertain to the 2022 Block of the Month quilt for The Quilt Show, I hope the content is educational enough for those who are not making that quilt--this one has lots of applique, mine done by machine, while the pattern is done by hand. 

When we hit 2000, there will be a great giveaway--so tell your friends to join us here.

Here's to another 10 years!

Let's quilt. 

Barbara

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you, Barbara! Ten years is no mean feat. Your blog is the one I search for every time I bind a quilt! Hugs and Happy New Year to you!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! I"ve never heard of anyone gathering their posts into a book keepsake. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And…it’s been almost 10 years since Alvin died and I gave up teaching. 😔
    I thoroughly enjoy following you and greatly appreciate all you do for TQS! You are a huge asset to them and all who follow you, and I hope you can keep doing it!
    Hugs…

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know when in this journey I found you, but I have enjoyed following along as you have shared so much worth knowing! Here's to 10 more! :)
    You are the third person recently to mention Blog2print. Maybe I need to look into that. But I haven't printed any of my 10 years. That may get pricey.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do them once a year, at this time. So it' not too bad. Currently waiting for a discount code--the more pages, the higher the cost. Go to their webpage and sign up for discounts when offered. That really helps.

      Delete
  5. I am looking forward to your quilt. I joined the site and did not get an activation for signing in. I already did a help ticket thingy and they have not gotten back to me yet. So not sure if I wasted 49 dollars yet or not. I took this opportunity since you are in contact with them. Hoping I can get it activated soon. Thank you for a lovely intro and I do look forward to this bom. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does your Dashboard show you have an active account? Check your spam/junk folder for emails you may have missed.

      Delete
  6. Thank you for all the inspiration and sharing of your quilting slills and talent.

    ReplyDelete