Sunday, December 11, 2022

RECIPES

This is the only time of year I do much baking. But, boy, have I been busy!

This year I tried a new recipe--CRANBERRY WALNUT ARTISAN BREAD, here is mine:

My friend Kim Brunner posted the recipe on her Facebook page and I thought "this looks easy and yummy". It was both. But it did cost me about $100 to make because I didn't have a Dutch Oven. So now I do and I will use it for lots more things in the future, bringing the "cost/loaf" down considerably. There are several recipes for this method using different ingredients--ROSEMARY is up next at my house.

Another of my favorite things to make are Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti cookies. Find my post with the recipe here: CRANBERRY PISTACHIO BISCOTTI. I ran out of pistachios this time so used some walnuts too and that was just fine: 


An easy recipe that I love is for 'FORGET 'EMS". Made from egg whites and sugar, they are basically meringue that has chocolate chips and nuts added. You can add food coloring for red and green ones or pink and blue for a baby shower. They are called "forget 'ems" because once you put them on the cookie sheet while the oven preheats you TURN OFF THE OVEN and FORGET 'EM overnight in the oven. Easy and so good. 

The recipe is in that same earlier post: HOLIDAY BAKING:


All of these go directly into the freezer to keep for the next few weeks. And I usually ship some off to friends in need of a sweet gift. 

Still yet to be made this week are Toffee and Butter Cookies. And the week before Christmas I will have Stella here for a cookie baking sleepover so we will make a few other types of holiday goodies.

We might even work on a quilt.

I save LOTS of recipes on my PINTEREST boards--they are saved  in categories like SWEETS, BREAD, SAVORY ENTREES, INSTANT POT, etc. You can easily find my Boards by using the FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST link right over there on the right side of this blog.

Happy baking!

Barbara



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the cookie recipes. We love cookies too and my daughter & I enjoy making them. I'll have to try those Forget 'Ems. Have you ever tried adding anything else in them, like Craisins? or mint chocolate chips? or crushed pretzels? Just curious ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of those would be fine additions. Since they don’t bake, only dry out, those will work. Crushed pretzels and mint chocolate chips, yummy!

      Delete
  2. I'm going to try the Forget 'Ems. Would they work to send through the mail? A relative sends us candy every year and I'd love to reciprocate with something she doesn't make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely. I put them in ziplock bags in the freezer. Send priority so they don’t spend a week in transit, especially if it is rainy since they are basically meringue. They keep in the freezer indefinitely. If left out they get eaten quickly. But very lightweight so easy to ship.

      Delete