Sunday, June 18, 2023

QUILT FESTIVAL HOUSTON 2023 -- MY CLASSES

 It's that great time of year when classes for International Quilt Festival are announced and Enrollment opens. Many classes FILL in the first week so those in the know are ready with their class selections and make sure they enroll as soon as Enrollment opens.

This year is special for me--I am TEACHING at Houston. Having worked in the Education Department for almost 25 years, I have known that someday I would change jobs from "Faculty Check-In Person" to FACULTY. This is the year.

I am teaching 3 of my favorite classes. 

Thursday November 2, 2023, 9-5, #411 WESTERN SUN:

Wild Western Sun  about 50" square 

This class teaches so many great techniques, like paper piecing, hand or machine applique and, as always in my classes, lots of tips and tricks for accurate precision piecing. 

What if you want to use Reproduction fabrics instead of brights? No problem:
My King size bed quilt, 110" square, 25 whole blocks, 12 half blocks, 4 quarter blocks

To see a recent class of Western Sun and find links to additional blogs about it see this Blog: Western Sun in TN

FRIDAY NOVEMBER 3, 2023 , 9-5, #507 ANTIQUE ROSE STAR: 

my top

Student Work--a baby quilt

Student work in beautiful fabrics

A small sample in bright contemporary fabrics--see how easy it is to put this together in class:



We will speed cut the shapes and learn how to piece this block quickly. It looks great in any kind of fabric, from Civil War Reproductions to Modern to Brights. And there are many ways to set this block. I think it is my most favorite class to teach.

For more student work see this Blog: Antique Rose Star

Saturday November 4, 2023, 9-5, #606 Disappearing Patchwork:

About 62" square, 16 total blocks

This started out as a challenge to myself to make a Neutral quilt. It was a stretch for me, but I was satisfied with the result. There are MANY WAYS to set the blocks, so it is fun to play with design ideas as the blocks get made.

How about we make it with Bright fabrics? Here is a quick sample I just created:

I also had a lot of fun quilting the neutral quilt. See some detail photos in this Blog: Disappearing Patchwork -- the Quilting

Find all the Class Catalog and Information here: Class Info Hub Houston 2023

Enrollment is due to begin Monday June 19, 2023. Be ready if you really want to take any of the classes--they do FILL FAST! 

I hope to see many of you in class. For years, I have been asked at Festival "When can I take a class from YOU HERE?" The answer to that question is NOW, THIS YEAR, 2023!

Let's quilt.

Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment