Sunday, December 17, 2023

IT'S A QUILTY CHRISTMAS

 And the stockings were hung. The house is now ready for Christmas. It always takes me a while to get in the mood to decorate but once it's done, I'm happy with the results.

Enjoy a little Christmas cheer from my house to yours!

Cross and Crown quilt and my "quilty" tree
My favorite ornament, an A6 from my USMC days

                                                

Mini stockings, gifts from dear friends, and other special gifts on the mantel

The Funny Frog and a beautiful carved Santa from a cypress stump, a real treasure

Hand made Teddy Bear in his sleigh and The 12 Days of Christmas quilt

Even the hubby's carvings display gets a Christmas touch

The Dining Room is kept simple this year

12 Days of Christmas quilt--first block has 1 piece, second block has 2, etc...
 I have made several of these, and given a few as gifts. Pattern from Temecula Quilt Company   


Front door--and each window across the house has a simple white candle, lovely at night

Living Room

                                        
Detail of an antique quilt from circa 1875


One of my most treasured antiques, a Flea Market find, on the Non-Guest bed


Read much more about this antique Ohio Star quilt here: Christmas Quilts   and  It's Beginning to Look a Lot like Christmas  


Even the guest bed gets a Christmas quilt--I made this in 1989, one of  my first hand quilted bed quilts


1880 Sampler quilt, pattern from Temecula Quilt Company Sew A Long 2018

However and whatever you celebrate at this time of year, I wish you the best!

Let's quilt.

Barbara 

                                     





5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Barbara! Your home is lovely. The 22 days of Christmas quilt is a neat idea
    Carol Grant

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! I have a question: will Alex be interviewing Jen Kingwell about Pick a Petal? And if so, when?
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the 2024 BOM show airs December 31, 2023 I believe. The pattern is usually released January 1 though it could be a day or two earlier.

      Delete
  3. It is very fun to tour your home and see your Christmas decor. Merry Christmas, Barbara!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Janet. Merry Christmas to you and yours too.

      Delete