Sunday, December 24, 2023

QUILTY STUFF AND CHRISTMAS COOKIES

 Colder weather gives me lots of time for quilting and baking. Here is some of both activities.

1. Bean's Baby Quilt--all it needs is the binding hand sewn in place and a label. He/she is due March 23, 2024 and we are excited for a new grandchild. Baby shower is in late January and I will be ready:


I always quilt at least one heart into every quilt I make--can you find it?


Flannel Baby Feet on the back

2. Proposals for International Quilt Festival Fall 2024--I had such a great time teaching at Houston this year and the students were exceptionally gracious in their reviews that I want to do it again. The proposal process takes time so I jumped in and got it done.  Many hours are spent at the computer writing Class Descriptions and Supply Lists. 

Acceptance letters are received in late February 2024 so it will be a while before I know if I will be teaching.  My proposals include a few new classes, a couple that are hand work, a couple that sold out quickly this past year, and Sampler demonstrations. I love to attend Samplers so hope to be a presenter this year. Here is a teaser shot:


3. The 2024 Block of the Month for The Quilt Show starts January 1, 2024. The Show that features designer Jen Kingwell starts to air December 31, 2023 and is FREE TO ALL. I encourage you to watch it, you might get excited to join in. Jen does a lot of hand work and her instructions feature that. I am machine piecing as much as possible for speed.  

I have to work ahead so I am ready to write monthly blog posts and do the LIVE broadcasts each month--the first LIVE will go up January 1, 2024, noon central time. I will pre-record it as we are now spending the day with our family. So it will be "not so LIVE". The broadcasts are always recorded so you can watch when convenient. Find them HERE

Here is my middle so far--months 1-3:


4. Now that Pick a Petal is to this stage I have to make Antelope Canyon Dit Dot Evolution for an upcoming class at Southern Charm Quilting, a local quilt shop. Sign up now if you are interested. Please support local classes if you want to have them in the future. Shops and teachers depend on it:


5. Cookie Baking time is here. Just a few of my favorites. Find ALL the recipes up there in the RECIPES tab above:

Mexican Wedding Cookies, aka Snowballs or Sandies



Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti logs before slicing 


Cranberry Pistachio Biscotti ready to eat--love these with coffee or cocoa


Forget 'Ems

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pecan

Old Fashioned Butter Cookies


I will probably make a few more batches--using cake mix is an easy way to make cookies. Red Velvet is up next...

Cake Mix Cookies


Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, however and whatever you celebrate. My best wishes to you for a happy and healthy New Year!

Let's quilt.

Barbara

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, Barbara, and a Merry Christmas to you & yours. Looks like a wonderfully busy 2024 in store for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mailed your Forget 'Ems this year. They didn't break and they were a hit. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Barbara! I have to look into your recipes

    ReplyDelete