Friday, November 27, 2015

Stars in a Time Warp---Ta Da!

Here they are, all the blocks from Barbara Brackman's Stars in a Time Warp QuiltAlong.


I have about 95--each time I count them I get a different number so I say "about 95".

Barbara Brackman is a quilt historian who has written many books about the subject of quilts and history.  She writes several blogs that are  incredibly full of great information.  During the course of this year, she has used Stars in a Time Warp to educate us about fabrics, quilt patterns, and the history of the times various designs and fabrics were popular.  She has a wealth of information that she shares so freely.  I'm eager to see what she comes up with next.

In many of this year's weekly posts on Stars in a Time Warp, Barbara has included ideas for setting these blocks.  As I made at least two of each block, I've been looking for a set that uses many blocks.  While I'm not sure which set I'll ultimately use, this one feels promising:


I have a John Hewson reproduction panel that might be perfect for the center:


Over the next few weeks, the Stars in a Time Warp blog will feature more setting ideas so I'm keeping my options open.  I also like these:

Hertiage Stars by Lori DeJarnette humblequilts.blogspot.com


An Antique from New Jersey--has been patterned by Sandy Klop

The bottom one uses the Sawtooth Stars as sashing--around larger Star of Bethelem blocks--that might be a challenge.  Time will tell what I decide to do--right now, I have several projects in front of this one so I'm not in a rush.

Next up is a quick baby quilt for a  new great-nephew who is due soon.  I'll be back when that top is done.

Let's Quilt!

Barbara




9 comments:

  1. Your Time Warp stars are all so pretty. I am also still working on completing my quilt top. Mine are on-point. I love your John Hewson panel- gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow--what a collection. Looks like you have some great options already. I'll be interested to see how you end up using them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great stars!!! I ended up with 73, and 1 didn't make the cut. Lol. So I am going with 72 set on point. Looking forward to seeing what you and others do with theirs. Your choices so far look wonderful.

      Delete
  3. So many wonderful settings to chose from!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a huge pile of stars! It's been a fantastic project. I've been looking at creating a medallion style quilt too plus I have always loved the zig zag setting. Both are on the top of my list and it looks like yours as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Barbara, I *love* the reproduction panel for the center -- it's perfect! Your stars look terrific. Love that Barbara Brackman!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh, I look forward to seeing how you use your stars which are just lovely!!!!--Terry

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was glad to see that Barbara had a picture of your star blocks in her blog post today. It led me straight here, and I am happy to have found your blog! I found the Temecula Quilt Company a couple of weeks ago, and have looked at all the past quiltalongs. I think I will be hooked on those little blocks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and welcome! My favorite Temecula quilt company little quilt is still 12 Days of Christmas. I've made several of these as gifts, very clever.

      Delete